Service and Criteria
In order to qualify for our program, we have the following criteria:
- Single woman, with or without children, married couples, with or without children
- The waiting list is prioritized as follows: single or married couples with children priority category 1; Nelson County residents priority category 2; anyone who falls outside of categories 1 & 2 are placed on the waiting list in the order they are received.
- Must undergo a background clearance; we cannot place anyone who has been convicted of violent crimes, sexual assault, child abuse, or arson.
- Must undergo an initial drug screening and agree to drug screening upon suspision of use; Bethany Haven has a zero tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol use.
Bethany Haven provides a private bedroom for each household, which may be a family or single woman. Each of these bedrooms has an electronic lock so the residents bedrooms are private and secure.
We keep the pantry/refrigerators/freezers stocked, so no resident will have to worry about feeding themselves or their families.
We have a shared kitchen, living rooom and playroom and 3 shared bathrooms.
All adult residents are required to complete daily chores, which are designated by room and rotated each month or as needed.
We provide case management weekly and/or as needed for the following topics:
- Resume writing
- Employment applications
- House hunting & rental applications
- Peer counseling
We are also available for guidance in obtaining government benefits, such as food stamps and health insurance, finding child care, enrolling a child in school and finding a medical doctor or counselor.